The Greenbrier Valley Community Foundation in partnership with United Way of Greenbrier Valley launched a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief & Recovery fund with the goal of providing flexible resources to non-profit organizations in Greenbrier, Monroe, and Pocahontas Counties who are working with communities that are disproportionately impacted by the economic consequences of this outbreak. The fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
Funding Priorities include:
- Emergency food, shelter, and other basic needs
- Expansion of capacity related to increased demand for direct services
- Access to health care services for uninsured and underinsured clients
- Technology and other resources to allow your organization to continue to provide services
Funding range: $250 – $5000
We anticipate a high volume of requests. Applicants are advised that we do not expect to be able to cover all requests nor fund the full amount of each request. However, we are committed to making the best use of available resources to address the highest priority needs.
To address these concerns, applicants are limited to nonprofit and faith-based organizations that are:
- located in and providing services to the residents of Greenbrier, Monroe, and/or Pocahontas Counties
- registered as a charitable organization with the appropriate state agency or exempt
Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and awards will be made as quickly as possible. Currently, there is no application deadline.